Rules and Regulations
The Book Excellence Awards is an international book awards competition organized by Literary Excellence Incorporated. The Book Excellence Awards competition is exclusive property of Literary Excellence Incorporated. By entering the Book Excellence Awards, you hereby certify that you are an ‘Entrant’ of the Book Excellence Awards and agree to the following rules and regulations set forth by Literary Excellence Incorporated.
- The entrant’s book must meet the following eligibility requirements;
- The entrant’s book must have an ISBN.
- The entrant’s book must be written in English.
- The entrant’s book may be submitted in the form of a galley copy.
- The entrant’s book has not been previously named a Winner or Finalist of the Book Excellence Awards.
- The entrant certifies that:
- The entrant is not related to or associated with the Book Excellence Awards and/or Literary Excellence Incorporated.
- The entrant is not an employee of the Book Excellence Awards and/or Literary Excellence Incorporated.
- The entrant may enter the Book Excellence Awards again, so long as they are submitting a different book, or submitting the same book in a different category.
- All the information the entrant provides in their application is true and complete. Any misrepresentations or false information that the entrant provides may result in the disqualification of the entrant’s application.
- The entrant may enter the competition as many times as they wish so long as each submission is accompanied with the relevant submission fee.
- Self-published books and books published by independent presses are eligible to enter.
- The Book Excellence Awards and/or Literary Excellence Incorporated holds no responsibility for incomplete or ineligible entries.
- Entries containing unacceptable (in Book Excellence Award’s opinion), indecent, defamatory, or discriminatory language, pornographic or other unlawful content will not be considered.
- No refunds will be issued.
- No marketing materials, books etc. will be returned.
- The entrant must enter by the final entry deadline which is June 30th at 12:00p.m. EST. Entries received after the final deadline will automatically be entered into the subsequent Book Excellence Awards Competition. No refunds will be issued.
- All applications must be accompanied by a non-refundable entry fee by cheque, money order or online payment payable to Literary Excellence Incorporated. The entry fee for one category is $99.00 USD. Each additional category is $49.00 USD. To receive a special discount on your entry fee, please subscribe to our e-mail list. Authors are eligible to enter in up to four categories per title.
- Literary Excellence Incorporated reserves the right to change the Book Excellence Awards entry fee at any time without express notice. Price changes will be reflected on the Book Excellence Awards website and the Book Excellence Awards Application form.
- Your entry will be voided in the following scenarios:
- Payment is not received by the final entry deadline,
- Payment could not be processed,
- If a discount is offered by the Book Excellence Awards and/or Literary Excellence Incorporated, then the full amount of the discounted price must be provided.
- Literary Excellence Incorporated does not assume any liability for any lost, damaged or stolen books or marketing materials.
- If an entrant chooses to submit their book digitally (e-book or audiobook), one copy of their book must be submitted per entry, regardless of the number of categories entered. If an entrant chooses to submit their book by mail (print copy), the entrant must submit one copy of their book per category entered. Entrants may be asked to send additional copies of their book.
- Entries will not be returned.
- We do not accept COD (Cash on Delivery) or postage due packages. If these fees do arise, the entrant agrees that they are responsible for paying any and all of these fees. Submission packages can be mailed via standard mail (ex. Canada Post, USPS) or by courier. The following courier methods will be accepted: UPS Worldwide Express Plus, UPS Worldwide Express, UPS Worldwide Express Saver, and UPS Worldwide Expedited Services or FedEx Express international.
- We accept both print and e-books. If you prefer to send an e-book or audiobook, you can submit this through the online submission form. We accept the following file formats: .epub, .mobi, .pdf, .doc, .docx, .mp3.
- The entrant’s books will be judged based on the following criteria:
- Design and Layout
- Quality of writing
- Overall appeal of book to target audience and appropriateness within category entered.
- Literary Excellence Incorporated reserves the right to appoint all judges.
- The judges will remain confidential unless Literary Excellence decides to release the names of the judges.
- The decisions of the judges once tabulated are final. The Book Excellence Awards and/or Literary Excellence Incorporated bears no responsibility for the decision of the judges.
- No feedback or personal comments will be offered by the judges to winners and finalists.
- Literary Excellence Incorporated reserves the right to change, add, or modify any or all of the prize packages.
- The prize packages awarded are for the sole, exclusive use of the Book Excellence Award Winners and/or Book Excellence Award Finalists and are non-transferable.
- Literary Excellence Incorporated in its sole discretion reserves the right to withhold or revoke the winner or finalist title from the entrant should they fail to abide by the rules and regulations set forth by Literary Excellence Incorporated.
- The value of the prize will be provided in USD. Literary Excellence Incorporated will not conduct any currency conversions.
- Should the entrant be named a “Winner” and/or “Finalist” of the Book Excellence Awards, Literary Excellence Incorporated reserves the right to use the following information from the entrant on the Book Excellence Awards Website or Marketing Materials: Author’s Full Name, Illustrator’s Full Name, Author Bio, Book Title, Book Synopsis, ISBN, Publisher Name, Publication Date, Links to the Author’s Website, and Links to the Author’s Social Media Pages etc.
Use of the Seal
- Use of the Book Excellence Awards seal without a proper license or without written consent from Literary Excellence Incorporated is not permitted and will result in the winner or finalist title being revoked from the entrant.
Overall Rules and Regulations
- Literary Excellence Incorporated in its sole discretion retains the right to alter, change, or modify any of the rules and regulations. The foregoing rules and regulations are subject to change without notice by Literary Excellence Incorporated.
- Literary Excellence Incorporated reserves the right to refuse any entrant in its sole discretion.
- By entering this competition each entrant agrees to be bound by these rules and regulations.